Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Qualifications : M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Botany with specializaion in Microbiology
Appointment : WBES since 2006
Teaching : UG and PG courses since 2006 and PG Diploma from 2011
Subjects taught : General and Environmental Microbiology, Industrial Microbiology, Eukaryotic Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Plant Tissue Culture
Area of Research 1. “Production of Polyhydroxyalkanoates by phototrophic bacteria”
2.“Phototrophs and their roles in Waste management”
3. “Microbiology of Fruit Juices”.
4. Microbiology of Indian Currency
Research Project handled: 1. “Production of Polyhydroxyalkanoates by phototrophic bacteria” - funded by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi.
2. “Production of SCP and carbohydrate by purple non sulfur photosynthetic bacteria utilizing conventional substrates and waste materials”- funded by University Grant Commission, New Delhi.
3. Microbial Ecology of East Kolkata Wetland ( Departmental Project) , funded by University Grants Commission.
Special interest/Hobbies : Avid birder, passionate nature lover and loves to travel to the "less travelled by" places.
1. Mahuya Mukhopadhyay, A. Patra and A. K. Paul (2005), Production of Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate) and Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate) by Rhodopseudomonas palustris SP5212. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 21: 765-769.
2. Mahuya Mukhopadhyay, Moumita Majumdar and Pallabi Basu (2011), Microbial Contamination of Street vended Fruit Juices In Kolkata City. Internet Journal of Food Safety, 13: 1-5.
3. Mahuya Mukhopadhyay and Amal K.Paul, (2011), “Potentials of Purple Non Sulfur Phototrophic bacteria: production of Polyhydroxyalkanoates”. Lap-Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.